Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Green smoothies???

Ok, so my sister in law hilary is the organic/health queen. I have to say I have only walked into Whole Foods twice (both times with hil). My trips there usually go something like this. What are Hemp chips? how do you pronounce quinoa? Kifer sounds like something I would NEVER want to drink. And I usually end up buying their kettle corn or whole wheat organic something or other that is loaded with enough sugar that I swear having a piece of normal chocolate cake would be healthier. But, I will say their salad bar/food section is AWESOME! Better than any other grocery store by far.

Back to my blog topic... while we were on vacation last week my husband blurted out something I NEVER thought I would hear; "Hey Hil can we get some of your green smoothie recipes?" Jigga what?? Her more than skeptical reaction was very expected but we all soon realized he was serious indeed. So as soon as we touched down in Utah we were off to the grocery store to buy our various fruits and veggies to try this "green smoothie". I have to say we were both VERY pleasantly surprised!
Before After

Brady and Andie's reaction to the first sip.


So, Andie is a really good sport about trying new things. She used to eat anything, but now she has become a little more picky. So I tricked her into having a sip and she actually seemed to like it.... until this...


Sooooo, we ended up resorting to her breakfast of choice.


Overall the green smoothie was a HIT for Brady and I. We have had it for breakfast 2 mornings in a row now, and plan to have it as often as we can! Thanks hil for the healthy ideas and a great way to get all the fruits and veggies you need in a DELISH and surprisingly sweet way!

Hil has so many other great recipes on her blog... Check it out!




2 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't know you had a blog till I saw it on facebook. Hmmm, I'm not sure about that smoothie but I bet it's super healthy. P.s.Andie is the cutest little girl! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a green smoothie missionary with my first converts. :)lol So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete